Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hobby Maybe

Since I got my first digi cam back in 2005, it's become a bit of a hobby for me but not enough to go all out and purchase a real high-end DSLR camera. I've always just purchased point & shoots which are just your regular John Everyman cameras. A couple of weeks ago I started to look at "prosumer" cameras which are basically a bridge between the higher end DSLR's and your average P&S' and I found a Fujifilm camera I took interest to. Most sites I visited had it priced between $250 and $350 and I was slowly leaning towards a purchase, until I got an e-mail from ecost.com(which I get daily) that had the camera for a lowly $86.99. I couldn't pass that price up as it was way below what any other site was offering. Unfortunately with the camera at that price there had to be somewhat of a catch, it was refurbished and came with none of the accessories the full priced camera came with, which are a neck strap, a lens cover, a set of batteries, and an A/V cable. I didn't care because even if I purchase those items, the camera was still under the retail price.

Now without much further adieu I present to you my budget purchase.



Obviously taken with my other camera which is an excellent Sony P&S. That camera is great and all but it doesn't offer any manual features which was an itch I couldn't quite scratch.


Bonus shot. My favorite drinking glass. =)




----------------
Now playing: Lupe Fiasco - Heat Under The Babyseat
via FoxyTunes

No comments: